Rotary Club of Dublin Foundation
Serving By Giving
We Began With A Dream...
Have you ever had a dream?
Did you want to make a difference?
As Rotarians, we follow the motto Service Above Self. Since we were established in 1971, the Rotary Club of Dublin has responded to the changing needs and challenges of the Local and International Communities by participating in programs and service projects that improve lives.
But we wanted to do more. And so in 2007 we began to DREAM BIG!
With approximately $50,000 in donations from club members, we established the Rotary Club of Dublin Foundation to be the primary gift-giving entity for the Rotary Club of Dublin. Our mission was ambitious: Grow the initial $50,000 contribution into an endowment foundation valued at $1 million so we could help more people and have a greater impact. Through the hard work of our club members and foundation trustees, today we are over a quarter of the way to reaching that goal!
What We Do...
The Rotary Club of Dublin Foundation currently supports the following programs, service projects and activities:
Dave Burton Memorial Scholarships are awarded each year to high school seniors in Dublin, CA based on their academic success, community service and involvement, school participation, financial need, and likelihood of future success in academic or vocational pursuits.
We also support the Rotary Club of Dublin's youth focused programs such as:
- Dictionary Distribution to Dublin 3rd Graders
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) to Interactors (High School-aged Rotarians)
- Recognition of Dublin Students of the Month and Year
- Donation of Books to Dublin High School Library
and much more...
We support the Rotary Club of Dublin's local community programs, service projects and activities, including:
- Dublin Fire Department (providing Rescue Annies)
- Alameda County Stand Down Event (volunteering services to honor veterans)
- Veteran's Day Recognition Luncheon (hosted by Rotary Club of Dublin to honor local service members and veterans)
- All Star Community Heroes Recognition Event (hosted by Rotary Club of Dublin to honor local police, fire and education professionals)
- Let's Go Fishing (volunteer at annual event for children with disabilities)
- Free Fingerprinting of Children (for parent's records)
- Holiday Giving Initiatives to Needy Families (bicycles, food and gift certificates)
- Contributions to further the work of Local Charities (e.g., Hope Hospice, Eric's Corner, and the School of Imagination)
plus much more...
The Rotary Club of Dublin has participated in some wonderful international service projects that have made a real difference in peoples lives, including:
- End Polio Now (Rotary International Campaign for the Eradication of Polio)
- Coaniquem Burn Center, Chile (financial contributions and wheelchair donations)
- Worldwide Disaster Relief (aid to fund water purification systems and medical equipment)
- Tsunami Relief, Thailand 2004 (hands-on assistance in rebuilding the fishing fleet of an entire village)
and much more...
How You Can Help Us
The Rotary Club of Dublin Foundation provides a unique vehicle for our members and community sponsors to support these activities. Your donation can directly involve you in youth, community and international service projects.
Because it is a professionally managed endowment fund supervised by a Board of Trustees, supporters of the Rotary Club of Dublin Foundation can be assured the work of Rotary is continued and multiplied to serve those people who need it most.
Please join us in Serving by Giving by contributing to the Rotary Club of Dublin Foundation today.
Join Us in Making A Difference
By contributing to the Rotary Club of Dublin Foundation you are directly participating in youth, community and international service projects that enrich lives.
Ways to Give
You can contribute by making a donation via PayPal
Planned Giving & Sponsorship
Contact a Rotary Club of Dublin Foundation Trustee via the form below to learn more about Planned Giving options and Sponsorship opportunities.
Dave Burton Memorial Scholarship
Reasons To Give
As an endowment fund, the Rotary Club of Dublin Foundation provides Community benefit forever.
The Rotary Club of Dublin Foundation provides an opportunity for people to create personal legacies and invest in the causes and projects they care about most.
The Rotary Club of Dublin Foundation can pool funds to multiply impact.
Because it is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, gifts qualify for maximum deductibility for tax purposes.
The Rotary Club of Dublin Foundation trustees are community leaders with extensive and varied expertise and demonstrated commitment to Rotary.
The Rotary Club of Dublin Foundation accepts a variety of assets as gifts, including cash, securities, and planned gifts that can be made outright or pledged over time.
The Rotary Club of Dublin Foundation is managed professionally with active trustee oversight.
Rotary Club of Dublin Foundation Trustees